Two of my Facebook friends tagged me to participate in this MeMe. I am, however, really bad at just coming up with things to state about myself. I do much better with questions to answer. So, here goes!
Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you…or I’m just super lazy and you’re at the top of the alphabet. Ha!
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click post.)
1. My kids watch Backyardigans so I can watch with them. I love the music and dancing!
2. I spend more time with my iPod than anyone else. Sad, isn’t it? That’s mostly because Chris and I work so much that we only see each other one or two nights each week.
3. I love math. I was going to major in math or biology. I wish that I had stuck with math, but a certain very old professor made it miserable my first year. Yes, he really was old. My mom had him for Calculus in college and she said that he was old back then!!! I hope he finally retired.
4. I don’t feel complete if I don’t have a dog. I’m not dog crazy, but I love having them around and am a little lost if there isn’t a dog to stop and pet or to have follow me around.
5. My dance teacher when I was a kid goes every summer to New York to choreograph and teach dances to the Broadway shows. She said that I had a lot of talent! I should have stuck to dancing!!!
6. I’ve always wanted to be musical. I can keep a beat and get a song out on the piano or harmonica, but I have no natural talent. My little sister got it all!
7. I have NINE nieces and nephews on my dad’s side. I have four from my husband’s family with many more to come from his younger siblings and my younger sister. Family reunions are going to be fun in a few years!
8. I LOVE LOVE LOVE snow! I’ve lived in Florida since August 2000 and haven’t seen so much as one snowflake fall. The one time we saw snow during our NC trip, I couldn’t play in it. I had just had a C-section with my youngest child.
9. When I was in 3rd grade I wrote a paper about wanting to own my own gymnastics facility. I still have that dream. Perhaps when the boys are older.
10. I really want to have a little girl, but I never want to be pregnant again.
11. Purple is my favorite color. Anyone who knows me even a little probably knows this!
12. I’m halfway through this and can’t seem to think of what else to say! I don’t really like to talk about me (which is a random fact right there!)
13. I read like crazy. If my nose isn’t in a book, then I’m probably listening to one on my iPod.
14. I also like old radio shows — Great Gildersleeve, Jack Benny, Gunsmoke, etc. (In iTunes search Big Broadcast and Humphrey Carmadella) — Dave Ramsey, PediaCast, and Truth for Life. Those take over the iPod when I don’t have a book going!
15. I love dolphins. Before I die, I want to see a spinner dolphin and a common dolphin. The spinner is supposed to be one of the most “athletic” (doing lots of jumps, flips, etc.). The common dolphin, I think, is one of the prettiest.
16. I can’t stand to put my hand in water to get to the dirty dishes. Every once in a while I’ll find a bowl or glass that got put into a soaking pot. I just cringe to pull it out! Silly, I know.
17. We got a Wii and Wii Fit for Christmas from my parents. During naptime and after bedtime, you can find me playing Wii and listening to my iPod!
18. My oldest son likes to be silly. All the time. I’m hardly ever silly. He drives me crazy!!!
19. I love planning and preparing big birthday parties. We’ve done Bob the Builder, Wall-E, choo-choo train, and Shamu themes so far. I will have to do a Tigger theme sometime soon!
20. We are working our way out of debt. Hopefully, in about 1.5 to 2 years, we will be debt-free, but the house. Then, we’ll hopefully sell this tiny place and get something with a yard!
21. I finally have one last name! When I was growing up, everyone knew me as Woody. But on my birth certificate was Patterson. On all my other legal documents it was Patterson-Woody. I didn’t take either as my middle name when I married. I kept my given middle name.
22. I want to visit Australia sometime in my life. I also want to see Alaska. I’ve been to Scotland, but I want to go back.
23. I have visited every state east of the Mississippi at least once.
24. I am a Tarheel fan. I have been ever since I can remember. My dad was a Duke fan. He loved to rag me about upcoming games.
25. If you want to get in touch with me, you should email. I hardly ever answer my phone, even if the battery is charged!